Wednesday, August 4, 2010

On the beach




I just came back from a week at Tofino (Vancouver Island, British Columbia).
It was just what I needed to recharge my battery, I absolutely loved it.
The best part for me were the dogs on the beach, they seemed to be so thrilled by all the open space to run and play.
I could see the joy in their eyes!

The first picture is a great little coffee shop we sketched at a few times, it is called Tofitian. The second is from the beach we stayed on called Cox Bay Beach. It was very inspirational I even wrote a children's book story on the beach.

The trip reminded me of how important it is to experience life so you can draw from it.

5 comments:

Aleksandra Chabros (aka Adelaida) said...

Wygląda na to, że nie było zbyt ciepło :)

Jak dużo piszesz opowiadań? I może masz jakąś radę dla początkującej?

Yasmin said...

Me the some time sees your work.. but I still had not seen a picture of you working and I have to say that is so beautiful everything that you do.
A big hugs,
yasmin

Renata said...

Hi Adelaida,

It was actually pretty warm for Tofino, I think it is always cool and wet.

I don't write that much, I mostly draw, but the pictures always have stories. I write when inspiration strikes or I have finished a book.
When I am able to write, I have been following the old saying "Write what you know." My editor and Mike help me too.

...

Pisanie nie jest moją najsilniejszą stroną. Często moje notatki są w postaci rysunków. Od czasu do czasu pisze opowiadania o tym co wiem lub o tym co pamiętam z dzieciństwa. Czasami można zaobserwować ciekawe sytuacje.

Renata said...

Hi Yasmin,

I am glad you like the work photos, I will post more soon!

craig warkentin said...

I was looking at your blog (LOVE YOUR WORK BTW!) and saw you drawing on the beach and thought, "that looks like Tofino!" Then I read that it was. I was just on that beach yesterday and am now fantasizing about how to live there forever...